JOIN THE WASHINGTON STATISTICAL SOCIETY
Offered those persons who are members of the American Statistical Association (ASA).
To Join WSS As A Full Member:
- Not currently an ASA member:
- You must join the ASA. Phone the ASA office at 703-684-1221 for an
application or obtain one from the ASA website.
- Check the box for Washington Statistical Society (DC Metro Area) in the Local Chapters membership area on the application.
- Write your check to the ASA to cover both the ASA dues and the WSS annual dues.
- Already an ASA member:
- Send your name and address and a check to cover the $9 dues to:
P.O. Box 2033
Washington, DC 20013
If you just moved to the area, send your old and new addresses and we will notify ASA of the change in address. Please include your e-mail address if you are willing to receive the WSS newsletter electronically.
- Upon renewing your ASA membership, check the box to start Washington Chapter (#2) membership -- and include the WSS dues in your ASA payment.
Includes almost all of benefits of full membership (the exceptions are that associate members do not have the right to hold office, and receive the newsletter only by email).
Many associate members are active in other professional societies. Their interests in the statistical programs in the metropolitan area often tie in with their profession.
To Join WSS As An Associate Member:
- Download and complete the application (available as a pdf file).
- Enclose a check for your dues in the amount of $11.00 or $3.00 for students for the next twelve months.
- Mail it to the Treasurer of WSS.